Change of Address/ Direct Deposit

Change of Address:  If you are a veteran or dependent in receipt of monetary benefits through the US Department of Veteran Affairs or have a claim pending it is imperative that you keep your address updated with the US Department of Veteran Affairs.  There are several ways to ensure that the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs has your updated information.

If you are the claimant or the fiduciary of the claimant you can call the National Call Center at 1 (800) 827-1000.  Navigate through the menus by selecting option #1, then option #1, then option #0.  Be ready to provide information to identify you as the claimant.  After you have answered several questions to identify yourself you will be asked for your new address information. 

Also you can complete VA Fm 21-572, Request for Change of Address/Cancellation of Direct Deposit and submit it to your Regional Office of jurisdiction. 

Direct Deposit:  On March 1, 2013 the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs will stop issuing paper checks.  People that do not have electronic payments for their federal benefits by that time will received their funds via a pre-paid debit card called Direct Express.  Anyone already receiving federal benefit payments electronically will be unaffected by the changes.

If you need to provide the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs your direct deposit information or you would like to change your current information you can call them toll free at 1 (877) 838-2778 or complete VA Fm 24-0296 and submit to the address on the form.